At FFO we like to invest in the future of the Flemish film industry, the young creatives. In 2019, we want to expand our current offer. Enter 'The New Talent' section. It includes the 'official short film competition' and the 'student pitch'.
SHORT FILM COMPETITION
The best Flemish short films premiere at FFO! (sponsored by Camalot, Flow & deAuteurs)
- Fiction, documentary, animation or hybrid
- max. 20 min.
- Belgian production
- First time screening
- sign up before the 15th of July
Cinema is a wonderful but expensive medium, that is why the festival, in collaboration with SABAM, wishes to support and give incentive to future film makers. Twenty film students from Flemish film schools (KASK, RITCS and LUCA-campus Narafi, Sint-Lukas and MAD) are in the running to win a desirable monetary prize for the production of their Bachelors or Masters degree graduation film.
The winner receives a production fund of €2 500, sponsored by Telenet. The first and second runners-up win € 1 250. In addition, the three finalists are rewarded with coupons from Camelot, worth €4 000, to rent audiovisual equipment. The top 10 film projects are awarded a production grant of €1 000 by SABAM. One student is granted a post-production package, provided by Filmmore.
- 10 out of 20 nominations will be awarded with a production incentive of 1000€, sponsored by SABAM.
- Winner: 2500€, 2nd & 3th place: 1250€ (sponsored by Telenet)
- Camalot donates 4000€ of AV equipment to the top 3.
- Flow supports the winner with a post-production push.
Flo Van Deuren: Winner of the pitch '17, was selected with 'Bamboe' to be part of the 'Cinefondation' at the Cannes Film Festival.
Questions? contact email@example.com